Try these simple vegetable noodles that are great for lunch or dinner. They also store really well so are an easy meal prep idea if you wish to make extra for the rest of the week. The cabbage adds a fresh crunchy dimension, and the onions create a natural sweetness. Once you have chopped up all the vegetables most of the leg work is pretty much done so it is a great go to dish, if you are in a rush or want something quick.
- 2 cup cooked noodles
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cup green cabbage (sliced)
- 1 carrot (julienne/match sticks)
- 6 mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Saute onions and garlic until almost translucent in a large pot/ wok.Add mushrooms (cook until tender).
- In another pot boil your chosen noodles in hot water, drain and set aside.
- Next add carrots and cabbage (medium- high heat).
- Add in the cooked noodles. The coat the noodles in oyster and soy sauce.
- Add water to create steam and disperse the heat.
- For crisp veggies avoid cooking for too long and turn off heat as soon as they look like they have begun to wilt. Serve.