This is my version of the classic Singaporean street food Fish Ball Noodle without pork (Mee Pok Tah) . These thick noodles meander around the savory sauce beautifully. A really quick and tasty meal that can be rustled up in under 15minutes.
- 4 fish balls
- 3 stalks Chinese broccoli
- 1 portion thick Hong Kong style wonton noodles
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ tbsp tomato ketchup
- Bring a pot of water to a roaring boil and add noodles. Remove after 40 seconds be careful not overcook as they go mushy fast.
- Drain noodles
- Boil fish balls in water (5 minutes until cooked)
- Blanch Chinese broccoli in boiling water (3 mins or until tender)
- Place the cooked noodles in a bowl and coat in sesame oil
- Add ketchup, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Coat the noodles evenly.
- Transfer the noodles onto a plate, add the cooked fish balls and Chinese broccoli.
- Lastly, garnish with green onion (optional) Enjoy.