I have been eyeing this recipe for ages, but I could never find these long slender eggplants. To my delight I finally spotted some and they were on sale. The best thing about this recipe is that the outside is nicely caramelized, and the inside is gorgeously creamy. It pairs well with a bowl of rice. I am now obsessed with this simple recipe and I can’t wait to make it again.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 tbsp dashi miso
- 1.5 tbsp mirin
- sesame seeds
- 1 green onion stalk
- Cut the eggplants length-ways and with score diagonally a crisscross pattern halfway through. Do not cut all the way through the skin.
- Place skin side down on a baking tray.
- In a small bowl mix the miso and mirin together to make a paste.
- Glaze the top of the eggplants and put them into the oven (450F for 10 -15minutes or until the eggplants are soft).
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve.