A super simple and comforting pasta that uses easy to find ingredients. It is ideal for using up leftover ripe tomatoes and frozen peas. I like to use Farfalle pasta commonly known as bow-tie or butterfly pasta.
- 2 cups Farfalle pasta
- 8 San Marzano tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 cup crushed tomato paste
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Heat up some olive oil (lightly coat the base of the pan )on a medium heat and add the minced garlic into a large pan.
- Once the garlic is infused, add the crushed tomato paste and then the peas.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the cooked pasta in the pan, mix and turn off the heat.
- Serve the pasta on a plate, add halved tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.