Seeds aren’t just for the birds. This is an easy way to eat them if you are looking for a change from just sprinkling them over your trusted porridge oats. These sweet, nutty and seed packed energy bites are great if you are looking for a portable on-the-go healthy snack. If you are a fan of the caramelized taste of granola I recommend finishing these in the oven. The coconut flakes become lightly toasted and it adds a really nice texture to compliment the rest of the seeds.
Approx 10 energy bites
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together until everything is combined. You can do this manually or if you prefer you can run it through a food processor.
- Chill in the refrigerator to let it set (approx 1 hour).
- Then roll the mixture into cute ball shapes.
- Oven at 360F for about 6- 9 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven let them rest, serve or refrigerate.