These are one of my all-time favorite kind of dumplings. While the ready-made packs are fantastic and so convenient,it can be fun to make your own. The Chinese garlic chives add an extra fragrant dimension to these crispy beauties.
- 2 Packs of Northern dumpling wraps (approx. 25 x 2)
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 block tofu
- 1 cup Shiitake mushroom (minced)
- 3.5 cups of Chinese garlic chives (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing cooking wine
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together until everything is combined.
- Ensure the tofu is mixed through.
- Fill a small bowl with water this will help the dumplings stick together.
- Put a teaspoon of the mixture in the middle of the dumpling.
- Using your finger coat the edges of the wrapper with water to ensure it sticks.
- Use a dumpling mold or manually fold the dumpling over and press all the edges together.
- Once dumplings are all wrapped.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a hot pan (medium high heat) and add dumplings.
- Once the bottoms start to get crispy flip them over.
- Add a little water (be careful the hot oil may splash) and immediately put on the lid. The steam will help cook it through.