Potatoes tend to last a long time but sometimes they can be on the verge of sprouting roots and get wasted. So, to rescue them before that happened it was time for some mashed potato action. Here I combined classic mashed potato with tossed garlic butter shrimp and Tabasco for an extra flavor.
- 7 medium potatoes
- 2 cups shrimps
- 2 cups collard greens (chopped)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (more if you don’t mind garlic breath)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tabasco sauce
- parsley (optional for garnish)
- Peel potatoes, wash and cut them into small bite-sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a roaring boil and add the potatoes. Boil for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and return to the pot. Mash the potatoes using a masher or fork. Add butter and milk if desired.
- In a pan add the butter and the garlic. As the butter begins to melt add the shrimp. Drizzle Tabasco sauce all over the shrimps. Cook until the shrimps turn pink and are opaque.
- Blanch the collard greens in boiling water.
- Assemble the cooked ingredients and dress the mashed potato with parsley.