Crispy and chewy pan-fried noodles combined with umami flavors of mushrooms, shrimp, tofu and vegetables. Are you a noodle lover? If you are noodle fan like me this one could definitely be for you.
- 16oz Cantonese style thin egg noodles or dried egg noodles.
- 8oz shrimp
- 10 fried tofu puffs
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 cup Yu Choy greens
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms
- 1 cup shimeji mushrooms
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a large wok coat the base with vegetable oil on a medium heat. Add fresh egg noodles or cooked dried egg noodles. Pan- fry until both sides crisp up and then add water to allow the steam to cook the noodles through. Once cooked through remove the noodles from the heat and set aside.
- In the same wok, add a splash of oil and cook the shrimps.
- Add mushrooms, tofu, carrot, and greens. Cook until just tender.
- In a bowl mix, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pepper, cooking wine, corn starch and 1 cup of water together. Add this to the cooked ingredients and cook until the sauce begins to thicken. At this stage if you like a thinner sauce add more water if you wish.
- Assemble noodles on a plate and then layer cooked shrimp, tofu, and vegetable sauce atop the noodles. Serve and enjoy.