I have just finished watching Life in Color with David Attenborough on Netflix and I loved it so much. A truly fascinating depiction of how animals communicate in color. Continuing this beautifully bright theme, I’m trying to eat the rainbow or at least part of it with this #meatless colorful chickpea pasta. This nutritious pasta is elevated with a simple garlic infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. It can be served hot and cold.
Serves 2- 3
- 6oz Tri color pasta
- 1/4 red onion (sliced)
- 1 avocado
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups chickpeas (soak for at least an hour)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- dried basil (to taste)
- Put the soaked dried chick peas in a pressure cooker on high for 35minutes with 1.5 cups of water.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a saucepan on a medium heat toast the minced garlic in olive oil until lightly opaque.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pasta, garlic infused olive oil, balsamic vinegar and vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer on halved avocado and sprinkle on dried basil.