Hoisin sauce has an irresistible sweet and salty flavor that elevates any dish. I made this easy chicken recipe in the pressure cooker, and it perfectly infused the flavors with minimal effort and clean-up.
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 2 cups Bok choy
- 4-5 chicken thighs (depending on size and if there is bone in 25-30 minutes)
- 4 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp five spice
- sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- In a pressure cooker combine chicken thighs, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and five spice powder. Add 1 cup of water and set for 25 -30 minutes depending on the size of the chicken thighs.
- Next, wash and cut vegetables. Lightly braise in water until just tender and then set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and add fresh egg noodles. Remove and drain after 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle noodles with sesame oil and toss to prevent sticking.
- Once the chicken is cooked through shred with two forks.
- Assemble chicken, noodles and vegetables on a plate.
- Ladle the sauce from the pressure cooker onto the chicken and noodles to taste.
- Lastly, garnish chicken with sesame seeds (optional).