Freshly steamed PEI mussels with a tasty garlic butter broth.
Sourdough baguettes are ideal for dipping into the broth.
Mussels are a healthy shellfish option and are packed with protein. Are you getting enough protein? Do you even lift? #workouthumor
Serves 1- 2
- 2lbs PEI Mussels
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 knob butter
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 cup water
- 2 kale leaves
- 4-6 slices sourdough baguette
- Soak, wash and rinse mussels well.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium. Saute the garlic,salt and pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add butter, parsley and mussels.
- Add 1 cup water and more if required.
- Steam for 5 minutes or until the mussel shells open.
- Steam kale.
- Toast sourdough bread and serve.