This might be the easiest noodle bowl you can put together if you are in a time crunch or just looking for something simply scrumptious. A plant based dish that can be rustled up in 15-minutes sharp.
- 1 pack extra firm tofu
- wheat noodles (16oz)
- 1 carrot (ribbons)
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- garlic clove (chopped)
- oyster sauce (2 tbsp)
- sesame oil (2 tbsp)
- Drain tofu, wrap a piece of kitchen paper on top and put a plate on top to get rid of excess water. Ideally 1/2 hour before use.
- Cut tofu into sticks
- Coat with a dash of vegetable oil and air-fry for approx 14 minutes at 400F (or until golden)
- Bring a pot of hot water to a roaring boil and add noodles.
- Cook noodles until tender (approx 3 minutes) , drain and set aside.
- Coat a non-stick pan with vegetable oil and add garlic.
- Then add mushrooms, carrots and bean sprouts.
- Combine the cooked noodles back into the pan and stir in oyster sauce.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Assemble noodles on a plate, add the fried tofu and dress with green onions.