Grab a fork and twirl it around this heavenly creamy garlic mushroom spaghetti. This recipe calls for easy to access ingredients and it will fill your kitchen with such a wonderful aroma. The buttery garlic bread perfectly balances the velvety pasta sauce and the mushrooms add a glorious “meaty” profile. An ideal dish if you are looking for a tasty plant-based dish without having to compromise on flavor.
- 16oz wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 Italian multi-seed bread loaf
- 12 oz chestnut mushrooms2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons parsley,
- 2-3 organic kale leaves
- Cut Italian bread loaf into slices
- Spread butter on each slice
- Sprinkle each slice with garlic and parsley
- Oven 390F for 10 -12 minutes (or until gently toasted)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook until tender
- Add in the chicken broth, milk, and spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pot to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is cooked through, about 10- 14 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan.
- Serve immediately, add kale and top with parsley.