If you are noodle obsessed just like me this one could be for you. A delicious combination of rice noodles, egg noodles, tasty clams, and scrambled egg with a superbly savory sauce. This dish is the epitome of Singaporean and Malaysian street food. It can be found at hawker centers and is often presented on a fresh banana leaf.
- 16 oz dried wide rice noodles
- 16 oz fresh egg noodles
- 10z clam meat
- 1.5 cups fishcake/ fish balls
- 2 cups of Chinese kale
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 12 oz bean sprouts
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup manis
- Mix the sauce together
- Re-hydrate noodles in a large bowl of cold water
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a wok
- Add beaten eggs, scramble, remove and set aside.
- In the same wok coat with vegetable oil , then add minced garlic, fish cake and clams.
- Add noodles to the the wok and gently fold in the sauce. Toss gently to combine.
- Toss in the bean sprouts and Chinese kale.
- Add water and place a lid over the work. Cook until the vegetables are just tender.
- Remove the lid.
- Add the cooked scrambled egg to the wok.
- Toss gently to ensure all noodles are evenly coated and slightly caramelized in the sauce.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy