Autumn or Fall Season is such a spectacular time of the year especially in a forest. Burnt orange, mulberry red and golden yellow leaves blaze brightly until they fall for winter. Hauntingly beautiful scenes. Have the leaves begun to change where you live?
In keeping with the splendidly colorful foliage upon us. I made this cozy creamy coconut chicken curry with lots of orange sweet potato and carrots. Lentils are added for extra fiber and macro-nutrients. Like all curries the flavor intensifies overnight so any leftovers will be phenomenal.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 5 sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 3 cups of rice
- 1 cup lentils (washed and soaked in water)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a pressure cooker add chicken, chopped vegetables and spices.
- Stir in coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Gently mix and pressure cook on high for 25 minutes.
- Intermittent pressure release. Beware of hot steam use a silicone oven mitt and a cooking utensil.
- Serve with rice and dress with chopped parsley for extra flavor. Enjoy.