Rustle up a simple vegetarian noodle dish that’s filling and rich in fiber – ready in just 15 minutes. This meat-free dish certainly does not skimp on flavor. Umami rich king oyster mushrooms add the most delectable earthy and aromatic flavor. Crunchy beansprouts, sweet floral mini peppers, fresh tofu,luscious onion and earthy organic collard greens; are all intertwined around a savory sauce and bouncy egg noodles. A satisfyingly hearty dish that noodle dreams are made of. Are you a fan of noodle bowls?
- 1lb fresh egg stir-fry noodles
- 1lb tofu (Nature’s Soy firm tofu)
- 12oz beansprouts (Natures Wonder – Premium Bean Sprouts)
- 2 king oyster mushrooms (sliced lengthwise)
- 1.5 cup of mini peppers (sliced)
- 1.5 cup collard greens (Cal-Organic Farms)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tbsp mushroom flavored dark soy sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- Cut tofu into triangles, lightly coat in vegetable oil and air fry for 10-12 minutes at 400F. Check halfway and turn over.
- Cut mushrooms in half (or more depending on the thickness) and score each with shallow diagonal cuts and repeat in the opposite direction.
- In a non-stick wok cook the mushrooms until they are tender and set aside.
- Coat the same wok with a splash of vegetable oil and add the onions. Cook until the onions are almost tender.
- Add the noodles, beansprouts, peppers, and collard greens.
- Mix in oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Add ½ cup water and mix well.
- Ensure noodles are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and toss with sesame oil.
- Serve the noodles on a bowl and layer on the cooked tofu and mushrooms.
- Serve and enjoy.