There was no culinary sorcery involved in this wholesome salmon rice bowl. I simply layered and reheated some leftover ingredients together, finished with dashes of low sodium soy sauce over the salmon. I really like making these kinds of bowls as you get a lot of tender texture, and they are versatile to make.The ingredients are listed below. What do you like to make with leftovers?
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 cup cooked Atlantic salmon
- 1 cup Calrose rice (cooked)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup cucumber (chopped)
- ¼ cup mini peppers (chopped)
- ¼ cup Lacinato kale (shredded)
- ½ tbsp black sesame seeds
How to make a Salmon Rice Bowl:
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add an egg and simmer for 10-12 minutes depending on the size. Peel egg and slice in half.
- Chop the cucumber, mini peppers into bite-size pieces and shred the Lacinato kale.
- Assemble the cooked rice, egg and salmon in your favorite bowl.
- Next, layer on the vegetables.
- Finish with dashes of low sodium soy sauce over the salmon.
- Lastly, garnish with black sesame seeds.