ABC soup is nourishing soup cooked with simple ingredients including tomatoes, potatoes, onion, corn on the cob and chicken. If you prefer you can omit the chicken to make this ABC soup vegetarian. This soup is light and the natural flavors from the fresh vegetables shine through. It is reportedly called ABC soup is because it is easy to prepare, as simple as ABC. Another reason is that it supposedly contains all the vitamins A (carrots), B (potatoes) and C (tomatoes).
- 2 carrots
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 corn on the cob
- 3 yellow potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 cups of water (more if required)
- chicken stock cube
- salt to taste
How to make ABC Soup
1.Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
2. Wash, chop and peel the potatoes,carrots and onion.
3. Wash and slice the tomatoes into large chunks.
4. Remove the husk from the corn on the cob and wash well. Snap them in half.
5. Add the chicken breast and add the onions to the boiling water.
6.After 10 minutes add the potatoes,carrots and chicken stock cube.
7.Simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes and place a lid loosely on top.
8. Add more water if required ensure all ingredients are covered in water. Stir occasionally.
8.Add tomatoes and corn on the cob. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
9. Season with salt to taste.
10. Remove chicken breast and slice (optional).
11.Ladle the soup, vegetables and chicken into large bowls. Enjoy.