This is a tasty Mediterranean inspired light and fresh lemon salmon recipe. It is well seasoned with delicious basil, oregano, zesty lemon and fragrant garlic. The deliciously tender salmon offers quality protein. Also,the golden roasted potatoes and creamy chickpeas are high in dietary fiber , helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- 2 x 6 oz salmon
- 1lb asparagus
- 5 yellow potatoes
- 1.5 cups of dried chickpeas
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Soak dried chickpeas in water (ideally overnight).
- Rinse and cook in pressure cooker on high for half and hour with two cups of water.
- Wash potatoes well and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Toss the chopped potatoes with olive oil and bake at 450F for 20-30 minutes , or until golden.
- Coat the salmon with extra virgin olive oil and place on the baking tray. Layer the garlic and season with basil,oregano, salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in half and drizzle the juice over the salmon. Bake at 450F at 15-20 minutes, until fully cooked through.
- Snap off the woody end of the asparagus and bake until tender.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked, add to your favorite plate. Finish with the other half of the lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.